The Mirror



I begin to find no purpose in who I am. 
I begin to see no beginning or end. 
I begin to hate what I see. 
I begin to stare at what I thought was me. 

Is that me within the glass?
The girl who cannot stare into the reflection. 
The girl who sees no value in who she is 
The girl who is trapped within her own mind. 

I wish I could see what the mirror could see. 
The beauty within the glass. 
For I am not beautiful my mind tells me. 
For I am not strong my body tells me. 

Feelings are not facts,
Yet my feelings create the facts. 
My feelings empower my decisions 
to create what was once a delusion, 
to come to reality. 

The girl in the mirror seems lost. 
She cannot seem to find where she is going. 
Does she know her purpose? 
Or sense of direction? 
For she seems confused through the reflection.

I do not know how to fix this girl 
I do not know how to help this girl 
This girl does not see what the mirror sees
This girl pushes all the reality away 
This girl wants to disappear


Comments

Popular Posts